REGULAR BOARD MEETING AGENDA
CADDO KIOWA TECHNOLOGY CENTER
Monday, June 14, 2010, 5:30 pm
Wray Finney Building, Culinary Arts in the Mustang Room
100 Career Tech Road, Fort Cobb, OK
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call: Tackett_____, Perryman_____, Clay_______, Haley_____Shenold______
3. Introduction of Visitors
4. Staff Reports
a. Kem Crowell
b. Christi Smith
c. David Darnell
d. Jack Whitman
e. Asst. Superintendent, Wade Walling
Superintendents Update: Character First
Update on Health Building/ADA Compliance
NIMS Mock Crisis
Update of Student Services area
5. Consent Agenda: Will be voted on as a whole unless any member would like to remove an
item for individual consideration.
A. May 10, 2010 Regular Board Meeting Minutes
B. Warrants, encumbrances, and appropriations for 2009-2010 school year for reports dated May 31, 2010
C. Treasurer’s reports for bank statement dated May 31, 2010
D. Activity Fund reports for bank statement dated May 31, 2010
E. Transfer of $70,008.91 from the Activity Fund to the General Fund
6. Discuss, review and vote to approve or not approve quote from OK Correctional Industries for the Bookstore and
Student Service Center modular furniture.
7. Discuss and vote to approve or not approve quotes for glass enclosed offices for Student Service Area.
8. Discuss and vote to approve or not approve FY11 Manufacturing Alliance Agreement.
9. Discussion and possible board action regarding Independent School auditor for FY11.
10. Discuss and vote to approve or not approve FY11 membership to OSSBA.
11. Discuss and vote to approve or not approve the CKTC 5 year Strategic Plan 2010.
12. Discuss and vote to approve or not approve FY11 Comprehensive Local Education Plan (CLEP).
13. Discuss and vote to approve or not approve travel expense for up to 2 people from R. Dean Smith (Farms) to
attend the Partners in Progress Award to be presented at summer conference.
14. Discuss and vote to approve or not approve Superintendent Ruttman’s out of state travel for Tech Centers that
15. Discuss and vote to approve or not approve requisition #1857 to Apple, Inc. for 3 iMacs for Digital Imagining
16. New Business
17. Proposed Executive Session:
To discuss the following personnel items so the board may return to open session to report on and/or take
possible board action on the following items Pursuant to 25 O.S.§ 307 (B) (1):
a) Re-Employ or not re-employ for FY11:Jammie Potter, Barbie Morgan, Alyssa Carter, Early Child Care Assistants, Gary Lindsey, Construction Specialist,
b) Review New hires: HVAC Instructor and Child Development Custodian.
c) Discuss and review Resignation/Retirement for Sue Pond, Student Services Counselor, and request for retirement incentive. And Resignation of Christy Gates, OTA Instructor/Academic Fieldwork Coordinator.
Statement by the President of the Board: regarding Executive Session:
18. Vote to approve or not approve employment of Early Child Care Assistants.
19. Vote to approve or not approve employment of Construction Specialist.
20. Vote to approve or not approve employment of HVAC Instructor.
21. Vote to approve or not approve employment of Child Development Custodian.
22. Vote to accept or not accept Retirement/Resignation of Sue Pond, Student Services Counselor and request for
23. Vote to accept or not accept Resignation of Christy Gates, OTA Instructor/Academic Fieldwork.
STATE OF OKLAHOMA }
COUNTY OF CADDO }
I, the undersigned Clerk of the Board of Education of Caddo Kiowa Technology Center, Caddo County, Oklahoma, Certify that prior to December 15, 2009. Notice of the date, time and place of this regular meeting was filed in the office of the County Clerk of Caddo County, Oklahoma. I also certify that as least 24 hours prior to this meeting, excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays, notice of the date, time, place and agenda of this meeting was posted in prominent public view at the location of this meeting. Witness my hand this 14th day of May, 2010. By_______________________