REGULAR BOARD MEETING AGENDA
CADDO KIOWA TECHNOLOGY CENTER
Monday, June 13th, 2011, 5:30 pm
Wray Finney Building, in the Mustang Room
1415 North 7th Street, Fort Cobb, OK
1. Call to Order, roll call and establishment of a quorum
2. Introduction of Visitors
3. Reports from Staff
4. Superintendent’s Reports and Anticipated Discussion by Board and Staff:
State Department Audit
OSSBA 2011 Conference
Furniture & computers for Pre-Engineering
Virtual High School
Chickasha Service Bureau
5. Consent Agenda
All of the following items, which concern reports and items of a routine nature normally approved at board meetings, will be approved by one vote unless any board member would like to remove an item for individual consideration. The consent agenda consists of the discussion, consideration and approval of the following items:
a. May 9th, 2011 Special Board Meeting Minutes; May 9, 2011 Regular Board Meeting Minutes and May 18th Special Board Meeting Minutes.
b. Appropriations for FY2009-2010, warrants, encumbrances, and appropriations for FY2010-2011 from reports dated May 31, 2011.
c. Treasurer’s reports for bank statement dated May 31, 2011
d. Activity Fund report for bank statement dated May 31, 2011
e. Transfer of $57,019.73 from the Activity Fund to the General Fund per resolution 70 O.S. § Section 5-129
f. Transfer of attached list of Surplus for disposal through the online auction site Public Surplus.com
6. Action to be considered:
a. Discuss and vote to approve or disapprove 2011-2012 CKTC Updated Strategic Plan
b. Discuss and vote to approve or disapprove membership renewal to OSSBA FY2011-2012
c. Discuss and vote to approve or disapprove proposal from Great Plains Insurance for CKTC’s Workers Compensation thru Insurica
d. Discuss and vote to approve or disapprove signing of a Resolution with the State Superintendent requesting full funding of the Education Employee Flexible Benefit Allowance (FBA), the OTRS teacher offset credit and Federal School Lunch Match Program.
e. Discuss and vote to approve or disapprove continuing the District Services and License Agreement with Advanced Academics, Inc. (AAI)
f. Discuss and vote to approve or disapprove quotes from Midwest Bus Sales or Roberts Bus Center to lease/purchase one bus
g. Discuss and vote to approve or disapprove quote from AT&T for phone equipment, voice over IP and upgrade of software.
h. Discuss and vote to approve or disapprove increase in tuition for OTA & PTA FY11-12.
i. Discuss and vote to approve or disapprove Resolution for CKTC Board to authorize the Superintendent to proceed with legal action to collect funds owed from Kiowa County.
7. Proposed Executive Session:
Pursuant to Title 25, Oklahoma Statutes§307 (B) (1) of the Open Meeting Act to discuss the following:
a) Resignation/Retirement of Dale Beerwinkle, Ag Business Management Coordinator
b) Resignation of Chastity Pfeifle, Practical Nursing Instructor
c) Re-employment of Amy Cowan, Early Care & Education Instructional Assistant
d) Discuss skilled labor positions
8. Motion, discussion, and vote to convene into Executive Session.
9. Board President’s Statement regarding Executive Session.
10. Motion, consideration and vote to approve or disapprove the resignation/retirement of Dale Beerwinkle, Ag Business Management Coordinator
11. Motion, consideration and vote to approve or disapprove the resignation of Chastity Pfeifle, Practical Nursing Instructor
12. Motion, consideration and vote to approve or disapprove the reemployment of Amy Cowan, Early Care & Education Instructional Assistant
13. New Business – This is limited to matters not known about or which could not have been reasonably foreseen prior to the posting of the meeting agenda
Note: “The Board may discuss, make motions, and vote upon all matters appearing on this agenda. Such votes may be to adopt, reject, table, reaffirm, rescind, or take no action on any agenda matter.”
POSTED: Administration Building – Caddo Kiowa Technology Center
June 10, 2011, and 4:15 p.m.
Sharon Myers, Minute Clerk
Caddo Kiowa Technology Center Board of Education