REGULAR BOARD MEETING AGENDA
CADDO KIOWA TECHNOLOGY CENTER
Monday, June 10, 2013, 5:30 pm
Wray Finney Building #400, Mustang Room #435
1415 North 7th Street, Fort Cobb, OK
1. Call to Order, roll call and establishment of a quorum
2. Introduction of Visitors: Mark McPherson of Great Plains Insurance
3. Reports and Anticipated Discussions by Board and Staff: Christi Smith, Instructional Leader; Kem Crowell, BIS Director; David Darnell Facility &Maintenance Director; Vic Woods, Asst. Superintendent and Superintendent, Dennis Ruttman regarding:
4. Consent Agenda
All of the following items, which concern reports and items of a routine nature normally approved at board meetings, will be approved by one vote unless any board member would like to remove an item for individual consideration. The consent agenda consists of the discussion, consideration and approval of the following items:
a. May 13, 2013 Regular Board Meeting Minutes
b. General Fund 2013 check #’s 3930-4324 in the amount of $772,920.68: 2013 Building Fund check #’s 211 - 230 in the amount of $ 5,636.36; 2013 General Fund Encumbrances #1733-1921 and #70323-70356, in the amount of $223,401.31; No Building Fund Encumbrances, including change orders and appropriations for FY12-13 from reports dated for May 31, 2013.
c. Treasurer’s reports for bank statement dated May 31, 2013
d. Activity Fund report for bank statement dated May 31, 2013
e. Transfer of $ 42,828.35 from the Activity Fund to the General Fund per resolution 70 O.S. § Section 5-129
f. Transfer of attached list of Surplus for disposal through the online auction site Public Surplus.com
5. Action to be considered:
a. Discuss and vote to approve or disapprove OSSBA Membership renewal for FY13-14
b. Discuss and vote to approve or disapprove proposal from Great Plains Insurance for CKTC’s Workers Compensation.
c. Discuss and vote to approve or disapprove Technology Centers FY14 Statewide Marketing Cooperative Agreement and Financial Participation.
d. Discuss and vote to approve or disapprove Activity Fund Individual Account Guidelines for FY13-14.
e. Discuss and vote to approve or disapprove moving Shelly McAdoo, Financial Aid Clerk to a 12 month contract and Polly Bredy, Student Services Counselor to 11 month contract.
g. Discuss and vote to approve or disapprove quote for Galaxytech for Barracuda Web Filter to replace Websense.
h. Discuss and vote to approve or disapprove CKTC’s Strategic Plan
i. Discuss and vote to approve or disapprove CKTC’s Comprehensive Local Education Plan
j. Discuss and vote to approve or disapprove quote from Remote-Learner for 200-E Moodle hosting July 1, 2013 for 13 months.
k. Discuss and vote to approve or disapprove agreement with Accounts Collection Specialists (ACS) as collector of past due accounts for FY13-14.
l. Discuss and vote to approve or disapprove the designation of the following:
1. Heather Rhodes, Financial Clerk, Assistant Treasurer
2. Sharon Myers, Treasurer, Board of Education Minute Clerk, Activity Fund Custodian
3. Jana Savage, Encumbrance Clerk, Asst. Activity Fund Clerk, Board of Education Assistant Minute Clerk, Financial Aid Dispersing Clerk, Inventory Clerk
4. Donald Kincy, Receiving Clerk
5. Dennis Ruttman, Purchasing Agent
6. Vic Woods, Asst. Purchasing Agent, Title ID Compliance Coordinator
7. Pam McEachern, Title IX Compliance Officer
6. Proposed Executive Session at ______
To discuss the following personnel items so the board may return to open session to report on and/or take possible board action on the following: Pursuant to 25 OS§ 307(B)(1):
a) Discuss and renew or not renew contract for Jerry Silverhorn, Maintenance Custodian/Bus Driver
left off classified staff attachment last month.
b) Discussion to amend or not amend the Superintendent’s contract
c) Accept or not accept resignation from Gary Lindsey, Construction Specialist
Acknowledged returned to open session.
7. Motion, consideration and vote to renew or not renew contract for Jerry Silverhorn, Maintenance Custodian/Bus Driver
8. Motion, consideration and vote to amend or not amend Superintendent’s contract
9. Motion, consideration and vote to accept or not accept resignation of Gary Lindsey, Construction Specialist
10. New Business – This is limited to matters not known about or which could not have been reasonably foreseen prior to the posting of the meeting agenda
Note: “The Board may discuss, make motions, and vote upon all matters appearing on this agenda. Such votes may be to adopt, reject, tabled, reaffirm, rescind or take no action on any agenda matter.”
POSTED: Caddo Kiowa Technology Center, Administration Building 100 & Wray Finney Building #400
4:15 p.m. on June 7, 2013
Sharon Myers, Minute Clerk
Caddo Kiowa Technology Center Board of Education