REGULAR BOARD MEETING AGENDA
CADDO KIOWA TECHNOLOGY CENTER
Monday, February 13, 2012, 5:30 pm
Wray Finney Building #400, Mustang Room #435
1415 North 7th Street, Fort Cobb, OK
1. Call to Order, roll call and establishment of a quorum
2. Introduction of Visitors
3. Minute Clerk to administer the Oath of Office to Zone 4, Office 2, John Clay.
4. Discuss and vote to re-organize the board, Pursuant 70 O.S. § 5-119, S.L.O. § 77.
Current Officers are: President Dustin Tackett
Vice-President Phil Perryman
Clerk John Clay
Member Tom Haley
Member Lance Shenold
5. Instructional Leaders: Kem Crowell, Christi Smith, Jack Whitman and David Darnell to give Reports & Updates
Asst. Superintendent: Wade Walling – presentation on Character First.
6. Superintendent’s Reports and Anticipated Discussion by Board and Staff:
OSSBA District 10 Meeting Feb 16th
Business & Industry/Partners in Progress Feb 15th
Pre-Engineering Regional Competition Mar 28th & 29th
SREB Leaders Forum Savannah
Security Camera System
T & I visit
School Activity Fund
7. Consent Agenda
All of the following items, which concern reports and items of a routine nature normally approved at board meetings, will be approved by one vote unless any board member would like to remove an item for individual consideration. The consent agenda consists of the discussion, consideration and approval of the following items:
a. January 9, 2012, Regular Board Meeting Minutes.
b. General Fund warrant numbers 5131 & 2385-2751 in the amount of $694,361.70;, Building Fund warrant numbers 32-36 in the amount of $18,278.89; General Fund Encumbrance’s #1006-1165 and 70359-70380 and change orders in the amount of $198,443.70 and Building Fund $79,374.00 including change orders and appropriations for FY11-12 from reports dated for January 2012.
c. Treasurer’s reports for bank statement dated January 31, 2012
d. Activity Fund report for bank statement dated January 31, 2012
e. Transfer of $159,518.90 from the Activity Fund to the General Fund per resolution 70 O.S. § Section 5-129
f. Transfer of attached list of Surplus for disposal through the online auction site Public Surplus.com
8. Action to be considered:
a. Discuss and vote to approve or disapprove contract with Dr. Pepper to provide full vending service effective
July 1, 2012.
b. Discuss and vote to approve or disapprove Trends Software License & Support Agreement, beginning July
1, 2012 to June 30, 2013.
c. Discuss and vote to approve or disapprove Requisition number 1139 to Plasmacam, Inc., for Carl Perkins
Post Secondary Grant for equipment.
d. Discuss and vote to approve or disapprove changing a 1080 hour schedule for FY12-13 instead of a day
schedule to allow CKTC to offset for bad weather days.
e. Discuss and vote to approve or disapprove Bids for 10,000 CFM weld fume air filtration system
f. Discuss, Review and vote to approve or disapprove 2011-2012 CKTC’s Strategic Plan.
9. Proposed Executive Session at ______
To discuss the following personnel items so the board may return to open session to report on and/or take possible board action on the following: Pursuant to 25 OS§ 307(B)(1).
a) Re-Employment of the following Administrative personnel for the 2012-2013 school year.
Wade Walling Assistant Superintendent
Kem Crowell Business & Industry Services Director
Christi Smith Instructional Leader
David Darnell Instructional Leader
Jack Whitman Instructional Leader
b) Discuss Superintendents contract for FY12-13
c) Employ or not employ full time licensed plumber position.
d) Approve or disapprove resignation of G.P. Miller, custodian/bus driver.
10. Motion, consideration and vote to employ or not employ Wade Walling, Assistant Superintendent.
11. Motion, consideration and vote to employ or not employ Kem Crowell, Business & Industry Services Director
12. Motion, consideration and vote to employ or not employ Christi Smith, Instructional Leader
13. Motion, consideration and vote to employ or not employ David Darnell, Instructional Leader
14. Motion, consideration and vote to employ or not employ Jack Whitman, Instructional Leader
15. Motion, consideration and vote to amend or not amend Superintendent’ contract for FY12-13
16. Motion, consideration and vote to employ or not employ full time licensed plumber
17. Motion, consideration and vote to accept of not accept resignation of G.P. Miller, custodian/bus driver
18. New Business – This is limited to matters not known about or which could not have been reasonably foreseen prior to the posting of the meeting agenda
Note: “The Board may discuss, make motions, and vote upon all matters appearing on this agenda. Such votes may be to adopt, reject, table, reaffirm, rescind, or take no action on any agenda matter.”
POSTED: Administration Building – Caddo Kiowa Technology Center
February 10, 2012, and 4:15 p.m.
Sharon Myers, Minute Clerk
Caddo Kiowa Technology Center Board of Education