REGULAR BOARD MEETING AGENDA
CADDO KIOWA TECHNOLOGY CENTER
Monday, February 11, 2013, 5:30 pm
Wray Finney Building 400, in the Mustang Room 435
1415 N. 7th Street, Fort Cobb, OK
1. Call meeting to Order, Roll Call and establishment of a quorum.
2. Introduction of Visitors: Jerry Putnam, CPA of Putnam & Company, PLLC, to present to the board the FY11-12 audit
3. Reports and Anticipated Discussions by Board and Staff: Christi Smith and Jack Whitman, Instructional Leaders; Kem Crowell, BIS Director; David Darnell Facility &Maintenance Director; Vic Woods, Asst. Superintendent and Superintendent, Dennis Ruttman regarding:
4. Consent Agenda
All of the following items, which concern reports and items of a routine nature normally approved at board meetings, will be approved by one vote unless any board member would like to remove an item for individual consideration. The consent agenda consists of the discussion, consideration and approval of the following items:
a. January 14, 2013 Regular Board Meeting Minutes
b. 2012 General Fund check #’s 5184-5185 in the amount $2,835.78; 2013 General Fund check #’s 1939-2328 in the amount of $718,447.52: 2013 Building Fund check #’s 102-121 in the amount of $ 85,566.33; 2013 General Fund Encumbrances #1062-1157 and #70271-70298, in the amount of $251,600.97; and no 2013 Building Fund Encumbrances, including change orders and appropriations for FY12-13 from reports dated for December 31, 2012.
c. Treasurer’s Reports for bank statements dated December 31, 2012
d. Activity Fund report for bank statements dated December 31, 2012
e. Transfer of $125,275.38 from the Activity Fund to the General Fund per resolution 70 O.S.§ Section 5-129
f. Transfer of the following surplus for disposal through the online auction site publicsurplus.com:
5. Action to be considered:
a. Discuss and vote to approve or CKTC’S audit as presented by Jerry Putnam, CPA of Putnam & Company, PLLC
b. Discuss, review and vote to approve or disapprove revision to CKTC’s School Calendar for the FY13-14 school year to remove July 31st as an ins-service/professional development day.
c. Discuss, review and vote to approve or disapprove revision of Co-Curricular Meal and Lodging Expenses Policy.
d. Discuss, review and vote to approve or disapprove adding Employee Appearance Policy to Caddo Kiowa’s Board Policy
e. Review adding new policy regarding Firearms and Other Weapons and Destructive Devices
f. Discuss, review and vote to approve or disapprove policy revision to Travel & Expenses to read at Section II, Reimbursement of Eligible Expenses, item E:2 to include Google and MapQuest Maps.
g. Discuss and vote to approve or disapprove continuing contract with Dr. Pepper to provide full vending services for FY13-14
h. Discuss and vote to approve or disapprove continuing days to hours schedule for FY13-14 to allow CKTC to offset for bad weather days.
i. Discuss changing the Board and Staff Policy Manual index
j. Discussion and possible vote to approve resolution regarding transfer of $100,000.00 between Tort Fund and General Fund.
6. Proposed Executive Session at _____
To discuss the following personnel items so the board may return to open session to report on and/or take possible board actions on the following:
a) Re-Employment of the following Administrative personnel for the FY13-14:
Vic Woods Assistant Superintendent
Kem Crowell Business & Industry Services Director
Christi Smith Instructional Leader
Jack Whitman Instructional Leader
David Darnell Facility & Maintenance Director
7. Motion, consideration and vote to employ or not employ Vic Woods, Assistant Superintendent
8. Motion, consideration and vote to employ or not employ Kem Crowell, Business & Industry Services Director
9. Motion, consideration and vote to employ or not employ Christi Smith, Instructional Leader
10. Motion, consideration and vote to employ or not employ Jack Whitman, Instructional Leader
11. Motion, consideration and vote to employ or not employ David Darnell, Facility & Maintenance Director
12. New Business - This is limited to matters not known about or which could not have been reasonably foreseen prior to the posting of the meeting agenda
Note: “The Board may discuss, make motions and vote upon all matters appearing on this agenda. Such votes may be to adopt, reject, table, reaffirm, rescind, or take no action on any agenda matter.”
POSTED: Administration Building #100 & Wray Finney Building #400 – Caddo Kiowa Technology Center
February 8, 2013 at 4:15 pm
Sharon Myers, Minute Clerk
Caddo Kiowa Technology Center Board of Education