REGULAR BOARD MEETING AGENDA
CADDO KIOWA TECHNOLOGY CENTER
Tuesday, August 9, 2016, 5:00 pm
Wray Finney Building #400, Room #435
1415 North 7th Street, Fort Cobb, OK
1. Call to Order, roll call and establishment of a quorum
2. Introduction of Visitors:
3. Reports and Anticipated Discussions by Board and Staff: Jennie Nunn, Instructional Leader; Staci Repp, Student Service Director; Vic Woods, Assistant Superintendent and Superintendent’s Update, Dennis Ruttman regarding:
4. Consent Agenda
All of the following items, which concern reports and items of a routine nature normally approved at board meetings, will be approved by one vote unless any board member would like to remove an item for individual consideration. The consent agenda consists of the discussion, consideration and approval of the following items:
a. June 30, 2016 Regular Board Meeting Minutes.
b. June General Fund 2014-2015 check 4989 for $6,125.00; 2015-2016 checks 3914-4590 for $693,862.93; and July General Fund 2015-2016 checks 4597-4615 for $14,159.80; 2016-17 checks 1-270 for $573,255.65.
June Building Fund 2015-2016 check #’s 246-267 for $6,059.75; July Building Fund 2016-2017 checks 1-22 for $82,438.09.
June General Fund Encumbrances 1373-1428 & 70350-70394 for $76,719.93; July Building Fund Encumbrances 1-4 for $175,692.50, including change orders report and appropriations for FY15-16 reports dated for June 30, 2016 and for FY16-17 dated July 31, 2016.
c. Treasurer’s reports for bank statement dated June 30 and July 31, 2016
d. Activity Fund report for bank statement dated June 30 and July 31, 2016
e. Transfer of $27,923.79 from the Activity Fund to the General Fund per resolution 70 O.S. § Section 5-129.
f. Transfer of attached list of Surplus for disposal through the online auction site Public Surplus.com.
5. Action to be considered:
a. Discuss and vote to approve or not approve to continue depositing General Fund CD Interest into the Building Fund Account for FY16-17.
b. Discuss and vote to approve or not approve the Superintendent to enter into contracts with vendors, to provide services for campus maintenance and upkeep for FY16-17.
c. Discuss and vote to approve or not approve the Adult Evening Class Schedules and Salaries for the first semester of FY16-17.
d. Discuss and vote to approve or not approve continuing the Superintendent’s purchasing limit at $10,000 for FY16-17.
e. Discuss and vote to approve or not approve MOU with ODCTE to continue Tech Centers that Work for FY1-17.
f. Discuss and vote to approve or not approve agreement continuing agreement with Netchemia, LLC for TalentEd, Human Resources document tracking for FY16-17.
g. Discuss and vote to approve or not approve evaluation instrument professional staff.
6. Proposed Executive Session at ______
To discuss the following personnel items so the board may return to open session to report on and/or take possible board action on the following: Pursuant to 25 OS§ 307(B) (1):
a) Approve or not approve employing Construction Technology Instructor.
b) Approve or not approve resignation of Nicole Carter, Early Care and Education Assistant
c) Approve or not approve resignation of Angie Davis, Cosmetology Instructor
d) Approve or not approve employing Cosmetology Instructor
Acknowledged returned to open session.
7. Motion, consideration and vote to approve or not approve employing Construction Technology Instructor.
8. Motion, consideration and vote to approve or not approve resignation of Nicole Carter, Early Care and Education Assistant.
9. Motion, consideration and vote to approve or not approve resignation of Angie Davis, Cosmetology Instructor.
10. Motion, consideration and vote to approve or not approve employing Cosmetology Instructor.
11. New Business – This is limited to matters not known about or which could not have been reasonably foreseen prior to the posting of the meeting agenda
Note: “The Board may discuss, make motions, and vote upon all matters appearing on this agenda. Such votes may be to adopt, reject, tabled, reaffirm, rescind or take no action on any agenda matter.”
POSTED: Caddo Kiowa Technology Center, Administration Building #100 & Wray Finney Building #400, at 4:15 p.m. on August 8, 2016
Sharon Myers, Minute Clerk
Caddo Kiowa Technology Center Board of Education